AUS 20
Anvers Wines

Anvers Adelaide HIlls Gamay 2022

Australia, Adelaide Hills
Gamay (Gamay Noir)
Anvers Adelaide Hills Barbera 2022
Download info sheet


Bright in colour with a vibrant hue, this cool climate Gamay shows an abundance of bright red fruits and floral aromatics. The medium bodied palate is bright and crunchy, with juicy, ripe red and black cherry fruit flavours, moderate tannins and a long, crisp and refreshing finish. Drinks well as a young wine but has the depth of flavour to cellar well for 5 or more years.





Analytical data


0.0 g/l residual sugar
6.7 g/l acidity
3.35 pH

Vineyard: Anvers Razorback Rd Vineyard

A gently sloping vineyard in the southern Adelaide Hills at 350m above sea level. Cool climate with warm days and cold nights due to the altitude resulting in grapes with good colour and natural acidity

Yield: 20hl/ha hl/ha

Soil Type

Loam with ironstone over clay.

Harvest Notes

Hand picked first crop Gamay.


Hand harvested. 25% whole bunches loaded into an open fermenter then remaining 75% destemmed (not crushed) on top. Natural/wild fermentation with gentle plunging and short pumpovers in mid ferment. pressed at dryness. Settled 24 hours then racked to 2-6 yr old French oak barrels. mlf in oak.

Malolactic fermentation: Yes, in oak.


Matured in used French oak hogsheads (300 ltr, 2-6 years old) for 9 months on light lees.

Oak influence: Subtle. Only used 300 ltr French oak from 2-6 years old barrels were used. Stored in cool conditions and racked out of barrel early summer.
Months in bottle: 6


Closure: Screw top

More from Anvers Wines

IMW SymposiumIMW Symposium
Back to the top
Powered by
Data management for the wine and drinks industry